New GRE policy for the upcoming admissions season:
- Effective for the 2018-19 admissions season (those applying for the Fall 2019 CMB class), CMB no longer requires GRE scores, nor will the Admissions Committee use any GRE scores submitted as part of its review.
- This decision was made following a careful review of data indicating that the GRE significantly disadvantages certain groups, such as women, students from underrepresented minority groups, and students of lower socioeconomic status.
- Please note that because this policy is new, it is not yet reflected on the Guide/the Graduate School's website, which outlines last year's admissions policies. Please contact email@example.com with any questions about this policy.
Fall 2019 Deadline: December 1, 2018
- ALL application materials need to be received by the application deadline. We do not offer spring or summer admission.
- The CMB Admissions Committee will only review COMPLETE applications received by the deadline
- When applying to multiple programs at UW-Madison, you must submit application materials for EACH program (materials sent to other programs at UW-Madison will not be forwarded to or shared with CMB)
- For questions about the application process or requirements, please visit: https://grad.wisc.edu/apply/
1. Submit the UW-Madison Graduate School Application online: https://grad.wisc.edu/apply/
- Indicate Department or Major Field of Study: “Cellular and Molecular Biology 147, ALS"
- List names and e-mails of 3 references who will submit electronic letters of recommendation (Letters should be from people familiar with your research and scholastic qualifications)
- Submit the $75 application fee payment through the online application. (The UW Graduate School offers a limited number of application fee grants to eligible students. If you are not eligible for a fee grant from the UW Graduate School, but you participated in a pipeline program designed to prepare students for graduate studies, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks before the application deadline to inquire about the possibility of obtaining a fee waiver from the CMB Program.)
2. Submit TOEFL Scores if required
- TOEFL scores are sent electronically from ETS to the Graduate School at UW-Madison (Institution code: 1846, no department code required)
- See the ETS website for more information to obtain additional TOEFL score reports
- TOEFL scores are required for each applicant whose native language is not English or whose undergraduate instruction was not in English (more information about the English proficiency and exemptions)
3. Submit transcript online
- Transcripts must be submitted from each institution that you have attended and listed on your graduate school application (undergraduate and graduate).
- Copies of transcripts must be uploaded to the online application (via the CMB supplemental application). The program no longer requires mailed hard copy transcripts and will accept only electronic versions for the initial screening.
- If accepted to the program, an official hard copy will be requested.
4. Submit CV online
5. Submit answer to supplemental question:
- Briefly describe why you are interested in the CMB Program, UW-Madison, and living in Madison. (400 word limit)