Are you spending too much time doing your own literature searches? Would you like to spend less time doing this and get better results? You can! Did you know that CMB has its own personal librarian? Jessica Newman, the CMB liaison librarian, is a specialist in library resources and is ready to help with any questions you may have about using library collections and services. Please view the Cellular & Molecular Biology Graduate Student Welcome Guide for more information.
To request assistance, contact Jessica at her Steenbock Library location.
- Alert you to new library resources, workshops, services of interest–i.e. Citation Linker, NCBI workshop, RefWorks/EndNote training, Web of Knowledge emails when key papers you like are cited
- Set up email alerts of citations matching your topic criteria or Table of Contents of your favorite journals.
- Provide In-depth reference consultations (in Barbara’s office or yours!)–i.e. help you set up your MyNCBI alerts for PubMed; help with search strategy and database choices
- Offer customized instructional sessions and course web pages for students (Example: teach in-depth hands-on PubMed searching and Web of Knowledge Cited Reference searching)
- Help with library services and policies (i.e. how to get faculty runner cards, borrow books from other UW System schools when UW-Madison’s copies are checked out, availability of group study rooms or conference rooms)
- Provide citation verifications
- Provide assistance with purchase requests
Other Library Resources