All CMB students (both domestic and international) have the opportunity to purchase outstanding health insurance at a reasonable price. Students receive the same health insurance coverage as UW faculty and staff. Full medical and dental coverage is available.
For incoming students entering in the fall:
- In the summer, incoming rotation students will be sent benefits information with instructions and application forms
- Benefits packets must be completed and submitted to the CMB Office
- If your benefits packet is submitted in time, your health insurance will begin on September 1
- Direct Admit students, see the Direct Admit Students section of the CMB Handbook
- Please note that incoming students might be prompted to sign up for the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP), but CMB students should NOT sign up for SHIP insurance. You will receive health insurance through the CMB Program, and when you arrive in Madison the CMB Office will have you submit a SHIP waiver form.
- Incoming students can find more information about health insurance and financial support on the Financial/Health Insurance page of the CMB Handbook.